HawaiiCon is pleased to announce a Share Rewards Program for HawaiiCon! EARN points that can be redeemed for admission tickets, special event tickets, merchandise and photo-ops at HawaiiCon! This is our way of thanking our attendees for their support in getting our mission and our event out to a larger audience. Every ticket sold for HawaiiCon provides us with additional funding for the charitable STEAM education programs that we support on the Big Island!
Purchase any ticket to #HawaiiCon on the HawaiiCon ticketing page to become a Share Rewards member. Once a member of the Share Rewards Affiliate Program, you will receive a unique link to the HawaiiCon ticketing page. Share this link with your friends, family, and online connections. When people purchase tickets using your link, you’ll earn points you can use in the HawaiiCon Share Rewards Store that you can redeem for tickets, Photo Ops, official merchandise and more! Every ticket holder whose participation is verified through Growtix will receive a thank you gift at HawaiiCon.
The HawaiiCon Share Rewards Store is currently populated by a small representative sample of rewards that you can buy. More items will be added to the store as final decisions are made about tours, merchandise and photo-ops. Have a suggestion about items that you would like to see added to the store? Email to: info@HawaiiCon.com!
How Do I Participate?
1- Qualify. Anyone who has purchased a ticket to this year’s upcoming HawaiiCon qualifies to participate in the Share Rewards program.
2- Join the Program. Open your GrowTix confirmation email and view your order online. The Share Rewards sign up is on the upper right side of the page. If you purchased your ticket early and do not see this link, please email us so that we can help you to get setup in the system.
3- Share Your Link. Share your affiliate link via Facebook, Twitter, email, etc. You will earn points for every purchase made through your link.
4- Get Cool Stuff. Redeem your points in the Share Rewards Store.
READ ON FOR:
Step by step instructions on how to get started and FAQ!
Share Rewards Tips!
Share Rewards Terms & Conditions.
How to get started/FAQ
Who can participate?
Anyone who bought a ticket to the upcoming HawaiiCon is eligible! The Share Rewards program is associated with the specific email address you used to purchase your ticket through the GrowTix ticketing system.
How do I qualify to become an affiliate?
You have to first have an account with GrowTix by having purchased and registered a ticket to the upcoming HawaiiCon through our online ticketing system. You only earn points from purchases made by others through your unique affiliate link, so make sure you share it with your friends.
How do I join?
Open your GrowTix ticket confirmation email and view your order online. The Share Rewards sign up is on the upper right-hand side of the page.
How do I start earning points?
Once you sign up for the Share Rewards program, you will be taken to a page that has your official affiliate link. Share your affiliate link through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, email, etc. to start earning points. You will earn 100 points for every $1 spent by those who use your referral link. Points can be redeemed at the HawaiiCon Share Rewards Store in GrowTix.
Where can I access the Share Rewards store?
You can access the Share Rewards store by clicking on the green button on the bottom right-hand side of your Share Rewards Program page from your GrowTix account.
What can I buy with the points I have accumulated?
Once you start accumulating points, redeem them in the Share Rewards store. On the right-hand side of the Share Rewards store you will see your total of points, your current balance and your balance after transaction. On the left-hand side you will see available products to purchase with your total points. Add the products you would like to redeem, accept and acknowledge the terms and conditions and click the green button that says, “Submit”. You will then receive an order confirmation from Growtix in your email associated with your Growtix account!
I was given a ticket as a gift, can I count my ticket voucher towards the Share Rewards program?
No. The Share Rewards program will be affiliated with the email address that is associated with the ticket order in GrowTix. If someone printed out the ticket and gifted it to you, you will not be able to create a Share Rewards account with that ticket, since it will be specifically assigned to the person that originally made the purchase.
I won a ticket, can I count that voucher towards the Share Rewards program?
Yes! You can access your Share Rewards account through the electronic ticket that was emailed to you from GrowTix the same as if you had purchased it.
Will it be possible to use Share Rewards points to upgrade tickets?
At this time, no. Share Rewards points can only be applied towards original ticket purchases and cannot be used towards upgrades.
Is there any way to get points from friends I referred before I became an Affiliate?
No. Currently, there is no way to retroactively add previous referrals. They must click on your unique Affiliate link to purchase their tickets in order for you to get points.
I am a Vendor who purchased a Booth, can I use my booth space to qualify?
No, purchasing a Vendor Booth does not qualify you to enter the Share Rewards program. However, we would strongly encourage you to participate as a Business Affiliate. Click here for more information about becoming a Business Affiliate.
I signed up but never received an email. Is this normal?
Currently, there is no confirmation email that is sent out once you join. You will simply see My Share Rewards program show up in your GrowTix account.
Share Rewards Tips!!
1. SHORTEN YOUR AFFILIATE LINK
When you retrieve your Affiliate Link URL from your GrowTix account, it will look something like this –
We suggest shortening your Link to make it look nicer and be easier to share, as well as allow you to keep track of how many times it has been used.
To do this, go to Google URL Shortner and paste your long Affiliate Link URL into the space provided in order to produce a shorter URL for your unique page.
After being shortened by Google URL Shortener, your unique Affiliate Link will look something like this –
2. COMMUNICATE CLEARLY THE CALL TO ACTION
We recommend giving a clear call to action, such as “CLICK HERE – http://goo.gl/w987jl”
Keep in mind that in accordance with the FTC, you must disclose that you earn points when friends use your link to purchase tickets.
Please include something like “I get points if you purchase via my link,” “#ad,” or “#sponsored.”
3. SHARE YOUR LINK ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Using social media networks are a great way to share your unique Affiliate Link with your friends. Regardless of where you’re sharing it, make sure your friends know they must purchase tickets using your unique Affiliate Link in order for you to earn points!
Post a status, link or photo with your unique Affiliate Link.
Share HawaiiCon announcements from the HawaiiCon Facebook page to your Facebook page and add your unique Affiliate Link to the announcement. Find instructions on how to share, HERE.
Introduce your friends to HawaiiCon. Be sure to include links to HawaiiCon.com where they can see guests, features and more.
Do not share on HawaiiCon pages or groups. That is not what this is for.
More Social Media Sites
In addition to Facebook, you can share announcements about HawaiiCon on other social media sites such as Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram. Some important things to remember:
Use the official event hashtags (#HawaiiCon) on related posts. Also consider adding hashtags that are relevant to HawaiiCon or to the specific posts. For instance, if you are sharing a post related to a specific guest, include hashtags related to them and their work. If you are posting our promo image of John Rhys-Davies, add in hastags like: #Johnrhysdavies, #gimli, #LOTR, #shannarachronicles, #middleearth to help our fans find your account.
Consider adding in hashtags that place HawaiiCon on the Big Island: #bigisland, #bigislandhawaii, #Hawaii, etc.
To help make sure our social media managers are aware of your posts and accounts, you should also tag HawaiiCon official social media accounts.
In your social media posts include images, provide information and provide a link to your Facebook event page or one with more information, preferably on your website or blog. Use short links on Twitter.
Keep your messages short and end with a call to action statement or question to encourage followers to engage with your posts.
4. SHARE YOUR LINK BY EMAIL OR TEXT
If your friends and family are not on social media, another great option to share your unique Affiliate Link with friends is through email or text. Simply send your shortened Affiliate Link through email or text letting your friends know you earn points if they purchase admission tickets through your link.
Share Rewards Affiliate Program: HawaiiCon Terms & Conditions
The following terms apply to your participation in the HawaiiCon Share Rewards Program (“Program”) offered by HawaiiCon (“the convention”or “we”). By participating in the Program, you agree to comply with these terms:
1) WHO CAN PARTICIPATE? You must be a resident of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico to guarantee benefits participate. (Residents of other areas may participate, but in the end, if there is a conflict between the Share Reward Program tours and the laws of your country, HawaiiCon must comply with the laws of your country.) You must purchase a ticket to the upcoming HawaiiCon.
2) SIGN UP WITH THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS YOU USE FOR YOUR GROWTIX ACCOUNT. You must sign up for the Program using the same email address associated with your GrowTix account and continue to use that address throughout your participation in the Program, otherwise you may not receive points in your account. If you use a different address for the Program, you forfeit all rights to earn points.
3) YOU MUST DISCLOSE YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH HawaiiCon. Every time you post or send your link, you must tell people that you earn a free points if they use your link and reserve online. Telling people that you earn free points is a legal requirement. Failure to comply may result in losing your points and may be a violation of laws enforced by the Federal Trade Commission. You can use the default language provided to share your link, but at least use: “I get points if you purchase via my link.” You may also use the shortened versions, “#sponsored” or “#ad” in your social media sharing.
4) YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR COMMUNICATIONS / YOU MAY NOT USE HawaiiCon TRADEMARKS WITHOUT HawaiiCon’s PERMISSION. You are limited in the way you may talk/write about the Program. You understand that for any communications you send you are sending them on your own behalf. You are not acting as an agent of HawaiiCon nor will you be deemed an employee of HawaiiCon. As such, while you can and should include your personal link in communications about the Program, you must not, without HawaiiCon’s written permission, include any HawaiiCon trademarks or other HawaiiCon materials in your communications about this Program and you must not use any domain names or email addresses that include HawaiiCon, its marks or its web site URLs, except as a link to HawaiiCon official sites. The content of all of your communications about this Program must be yours alone. Do not misrepresent or embellish your relationship with HawaiiCon or write, say or post anything you know is untrue or may be misleading. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, distribute, display, reproduce or perform, or in any way exploit in any format whatsoever any of HawaiiCon’s intellectual property, in whole or in part, without our prior written consent. Do not make performance, price or other claims about HawaiiCon services. And, if someone has asked you to stop sending them messages about HawaiiCon, respect that wish. We reserve the right to immediately remove you from the Program, without explanation, if you are caught or suspected of violating this intellectual property policy.
5) WHAT IS A QUALIFIED REFERRAL? Subject to the sole discretion of HawaiiCon, currently set at one hundred points per dollar. Transactions made with vouchers, promo codes, or other offers do not qualify to earn credits in the Program.
6) DEPOSIT OF POINTS. Points legitimately earned will be deposited in your GrowTix account. HawaiiCon does not guarantee how quickly the points will be deposited into accounts. The Program will run and points will be redeemable up until the opening day of this year’s convention. By participating, you agree that the statistics HawaiiCon may choose to display through the Program site may not be real-time or accurately reflect the points you have actually earned. HawaiiCon will have no liability for any typos or errors displayed in those statistics.
7) POINTS EXPIRE. All points you earn in the Program must be used before the convention opens. If you are a previous ticket holder who attends from off-island and would like to roll over points to next year, please contact us and we will attempt to help out.
8) YOU MUST NOT HAVE OR USE MORE THAN ONE REFERRAL LINK. There is a limit of one (1) unique referral link per person. In other words, you may not submit multiple email addresses to set up multiple GrowTix accounts in an attempt to earn additional rental credits.
9) NO FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY. HawaiiCon reserves the right to void referrals and points earned if it suspects that the referrals or points were earned in a fraudulent manner, in a manner that violates these terms or in a manner otherwise not intended by HawaiiCon .
10) NO SIDE PROMOTIONS. STICK WITH THE REFERRALS. You must not conduct your own promotion in connection with the Program, points, or referrals. Any communications you make available about the Program must be limited to referring people to the Program.
11) COMPLY WITH THIRD PARTY REQUIREMENTS. You agree that you will not post your unique referral link or otherwise promote the Program on a website or other outlet that prohibits that activity.
12) NO ILLEGAL OR UNSPORTSMANLIKE PARTICIPATION. You agree that you will not participate in this Program in a threatening, abusive, illegal or unsportsmanlike manner.
14) WE WILL SEND YOU EMAILS ABOUT THE PROGRAM. You may receive emails about this Program, including an email each time one of your friends purchases an item through your referral link and when that transaction is confirmed by HawaiiCon.
15) VOID WHERE PROHIBITED/CANCELLATION/MODIFICATION. The Program is void where prohibited and HawaiiCon may cancel or modify these terms or the Program at any time. HawaiiCon may, at any time, end your participation in the Program by giving HawaiiCon notice of your withdrawal from the Program, at which point you will no longer be able to earn points even if your referral link continues to be used by other people.
16) YOU RELEASE US FROM LIABILITY. By participating in the Program, you agree that HawaiiCon will have no liability and that you will indemnify and hold HawaiiCon harmless for any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage to you or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of your participation in the Program. You will not settle any claim without the prior written consent of HawaiiCon. Further, you agree that HawaiiCon is not responsible for faulty referral links, any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, order processing, or communication; technical or mechanical malfunctions; errors in these terms, in any Program-related materials; human-processing error; failures of electronic equipment, computer hardware or software; damage to your equipment, computer hardware or software, or inaccurate information, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error, or otherwise. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL HawaiiCon BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, ECONOMIC, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES) THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO THE PROGRAM. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
17) GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement and the terms of the Program shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Hawaii; but without regard to provisions relating to conflicts of laws.
Referral Program Rental Credit Terms
Earned points expire 90 days after launch. Points may only be used to redeem items found in the GrowTix Share Rewards Store. Void where prohibited. Points must not be copied/sold/offered in a manner not approved by HawaiiCon. Cannot be combined with other offers. Terms and Conditions may be changed at any time by HawaiiCon.